Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Day Off.....

When we have a day off it's sometimes hard to embrace whatever the kids want to do.  
I mean, to take a day off from the never-ending list of things "to-do"....sigh.  
However...that list will continue to be there....it will not go away.  
The kids wanting to spend time with us and actually doing things together....
I know this time will go away.

So...Annalise got to choose.  The Children's Museum....

We played.....

We danced.....




We did some cool Q-Tip art projects.....








And we played in the sand....a lot.....(I think the added glitter made it that much more appealing!)....




And after we'd spent a couple of hours at the Children's Museum, we decided to go for a little hike to the Sehome Arboretum.  It's been YEARS since I'd been over there....the girls thought the 
tower was pretty cool!






And after our hike up Sehome...the girls voted to hit Menchies (frozen yogurt).  It was a great day.  And I think I learned a valuable lesson.  The "to-do" list will never go away.  I need to put that aside more often and spend more FUN time with my family. Lesson learned.

No comments: